Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The Joy of Snacking: Kale Crisps!


I am not a sweets kind of person. When I get a craving for junk food it is for something crunchy and salty like potato or corn chips. My solution?
Kale crisps! Sound a little strange? Well maybe. But they are super easy, oh so chrispy and tastey. I can not take credit for thinking of this of course. Someone brought these to a potlock I attended and I was hooked. Making them is just as easy as eating them too!
Ingredients
  • Fresh Red Kale (I ussually by one bunch and use 1/2 of that at a time)
  • salt to taste (about 1 tsp)
  • olive oil ( I use a mister for the olive oil so I only use a little bit!)
To Make: Preheat oven to 350
Chop the kale and spread onto a baking sheet. Sprinkle/mist with olive oil and then salt.
Bake for about 10 mins or until dry and crispy but not burnt!
They don't look like much but if you love crispy snacks then you will love these I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment