- 3 cloves roasted garlic
- ¼ cup tomato or pizza sauce
- ½ butternut squash, chopped
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- ½ diced red onion, diced
- 2 tbsp. green onion, diced
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- Vegan cheese, shredded
- Prepare your own pizza dough, or purchase a premade dough. While I didn’t in this photograph, I usually modify this recipe by using half whole wheat flour and half bread flour. I also pour dried herbs and spices into the dry ingredients for extra zip.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook and season your squash as desired. A little salt and parsley can go far. You could rub the squash in olive oil and bake in a 400 degree oven until soft. For a quick fix, place the chopped squash on a plate and cover lightly with water. Microwave for 5-7 minutes. Mash up the squash with a fork.
- Spread the garlic and tomato sauce over the dough. Top with the squash, onion and red pepper. Sprinkle as little or as much vegan mozzarella cheese to make it as gooey as you want it.
- Bake the pizza for 15-20 minutes.